Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

So.
 It's been 8 years since that horrible day. Whenever I think about the terrors that occured there, I can only imagine how the people who lost family members must feel. And then I start to consider what it would have felt like to have been in the towers that morning. The calm, quiet peace before the first plane hit. In my mind, I place myself in the position of someone in the towers to attempt to understand the split-second shock of seeing the nose of the plane staring you in the eyes. I can feel the curly hairs on my neck stand up and the goosebumps rise on my arms; that rapid intake of air just before a scream lets out. It disturbs me immensely - contemplating the idea that gets into someone's mind that tells them to hijack a plane and crash it killing thousands of people. I wish and beg and hope and pray for there never to be a day like 9/11 again.

No comments: